"Litti Chokha" The famous dish among
Bihar, M.P. & zarkhand. Litti looks like Batti (Rajasthani famous bread) but a very small different, Litti is made up of sattu (which is roasted chickpea flour) stuffed in dough. then it boiled and very lightly fried since the boiling has done most of the cooking. Another method for making Litti Choka is roasting them in an oven (traditionally clay and more recently metal ones that can be heated on a stove). Chokha is prepared with different vegetables. It can be with mashed potatoes or mashed eggplants and also mashed tomatoes. The three can be combined as well and chokha usually mixed with fried onions and spices.This dish served in dinner, small party, or in holidays My family like this litti with Rajasthani daal batti’s dal . so let’s check….
Served 12 pieces for 6 person
1. 4 cups wheat flour
2. 4 tablespoon ghee (Clarified butter)
3. 1 cup yogurt
4. 1 teaspoon baking soda
5. 1 teaspoon carom seeds
6. Salt to taste
7. 1 cup ghee (clarified butter) for serving
1. 1 1/2 cup Roasted Chick pea flour(sattu ka atta/Dadiya ne daal no powder)
2. 2 tablespoon ginger – chili paste
3. 1 tablespoon cumin- carom seeds
4. 1 tablespoon lemon juice
5. 1 teaspoon mustard oil
6. 1/4 cup coriander leaves chopped
7. 1 tablespoon pickle masala (optional)
8. Salt to taste
1. 1 tablespoon mustard oil,
2. 2 cups boiled potato cut in small cubes,
3. 1 cup tomato cut in small pieces,
4. 1 tablespoon ginger-chili paste,
5. 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder,
6. 1/4 cup coriander leaves chopped,7. Salt to taste
Method For Litti:
1. Take one large bowl than add ghee, yogurt, baking soda, seeds and salt, mix well.
2. Add flour and make very soft dough if you needed add water.
3. Cover this dough and leave 30 minutes.
4. In one another bowl add all ingredients for stuffing and mix well, put aside.
5. Preheat the oven 200c before 15 minutes.
6. Now take the dough and divide 12 to 15 equal balls.
7. Take one ball and make 2 to 3 inch bigger with your finger than add 1 teaspoon of stuffing in middle of ball cover this ball with hand and again make ball.
8. Check this ball, stuffing is not over or not come out.
9. Now take one ball and press with your palm, Litti is ready.
10. Put in preheated oven about 30 minutes or until golden - dark brown.
11. In oven after every 10 minutes turn this Litti.
12. Now take reminded 1 cup warm ghee than add this Litti one by one in this ghee deep very well and take it out in one plate.
13. In middle cut with frogs this Litti and add 1 teaspoon of ghee.
14. Serve with Chokha.
Method for chokha:
1. In frying pan add oil than add tomato, cook 2 minutes.
2. Now add ginger –chili paste and chili powder.
3. Add potato cook 1 minute and turn of flame.
4. Add coriander leaves than mix well.
5. Serve this choka with litti.
Here in this recipe i used Aloo (potato) chokha if u like u made with eggplant or with tomato chokha.
My family like this litti with Rajasthani daal battis daal so usually I serve this litti with daal recipe is here http://mycookingdiarys.blogspot.com/2011/03/daal-batti.html
Some time I’m not stuff this litti and bake without stuffing and its turn out very nice..and serve with daal.
Some time changes are good so what ever u like try at your end and give ... feedback
You may also like: